Ooooh, my first food post. I found this salsa recipe online and made it before we left for California. It was delicious, we both loved it so much I think it will replace buying salsa for our household. I always love when I find a recipe that replaces something we buy pre-made, mostly because then I know what's going into it and I can control more of the 'bad stuff' - salt, sugar, fat... (you know the stuff that tastes really good) and I had to add my own twist on the recipe.
The best part is you just throw everything into the blender or food processor and hit the button.
Okay, a little rough chopping of the onions, tomatoes, cilantro and jalapeno.
Then you hit the button and presto! Salsa like at the Mexican restaurant
Stored in a mason jar, I'm not too sure how long its refrigerator stable, because it doesn't last too long around this joint.
Thomas approved.
Yes, he volunteered for that picture while snuggling his baby.
Give it a try
Easy Blender Salsa
Ingredients:
1- 14 oz can diced tomatoes
1- 10 oz can orginal Rotel
1/2 small onion, roughly chopped
1 clove garlic, peeled and smashed
1/2-1 jalapeno, seeded or not (depends on how spicy you like it) and roughly chopped
1 teaspoon honey
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
small to medium size handful of cilantro, washed
juice of 1 lime
2 roma tomatoes, seeded and roughly chopped
Directions:
Put all the ingredients in the base of a food processor or good blender and pulse to combine for 30 seconds or so until all the ingredients are finely chopped and salsa is desired consistency. Taste for seasoning and adjust to taste. Serve with chips or over tacos.





That looks so good (and easy) - I am definitely going to try it. Thanks!
ReplyDelete