Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A blogging we will go...

Well I will. It's 9 PM and everyone is asleep but me. I should get up and pack, but its kind of hard to pack when everyone is asleep in your room. I have a feeling Thursday night we will be shoving stuff into bags and deciding to check a second bag instead of being smart and strategizing our packing plan. Procrastination is our style...it how we roll.

My sister sent the first two links to these videos, the third a friend posted on fb. All the same song. Indulge me, watch them.



This is the original, I like the song. The video, well, it kind of creeps me out...a lot.




Cover #1, I bough it on itunes and in my opinion of little musical knowledge, isn't necessarily sung any better. Its all about the video, the way the song is presented *and* I could watch it million times and notice something interestingly different each time.



Cover #2, again little to no musical inclination, but I think they are amazing to listen to and mesmerized by their vocal capabilities. Well, acapella groups in general.

One song, three versions, I'd take the two covers over the original any day.

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you for a vote on the middle one. While I think the original is good, the a cappella is great, the Walk off the Earth version is just my favorite. I think the female voice is amazing and the middle guy's voice is seriously haunting. Reminds me so much of Peter Gabriel.

    ReplyDelete